- Event Status
- Event Completed
- Event ID
- Event Name
- Public Hunter Education
- Hunter Education
19 of 35 seats remainingEvent Completed
- Date & Times:
- Jun 13, 2023 5:30PM - 8:30PM MDT
- Jun 14, 2023 5:30PM - 8:30PM MDT
- Jun 15, 2023 5:30PM - 8:30PM MDT
- Jun 16, 2023 5:30PM - 8:30PM MDT
- Jun 17, 2023 9:00AM - 12:00PM MDT
About this Event:
snacks and drinks allowed
please bring pencil
If you are no longer planning on attending this class, please cancel your registration so that those on the waiting list will have a chance to attend.
STUDENT AGREEMENT FORM
Graduates of this course are expected to demonstrate their knowledge of the material presented in class and in homework assignments on both verbal and written examinations. The demonstration of skill in safe gun handling is an important completion requirement. The student’s attitude toward the course of instruction and the acceptance of the principles of responsible hunter behavior weigh heavily in the pass/fail decision for each student.
Wyoming Hunter Education Law requires any person born on or after January 1, 1966, to successfully complete a hunter education course. The following policies and procedures have been outlined so you will fully understand the requirements for successfully completing the course.
Attendance at all sessions is required. Due to scheduling difficulties, make-up sessions will not be allowed. If you fail to attend any portion of the course your certification will be denied. Students are expected to be in their seats and ready for class at that time.
The following areas of concern will be used in evaluating each student for certification.
1. Class attendance
2. Prompt attendance at class sessions
3. Completion of homework assignments and worksheets
4. Participation in class activities and discussions
5. Scores on written quizzes
6. Score on the final examination
7. Performance on the firearms field course
8. Behavior in class and during the field exercise
I have read the above policy and understand the requirements for successful completion of the Wyoming Hunter Education Course.
Minimum Age Policies:
There are no minimum age policies
Maximum Age Policies:
There are no maximum age policies
About the Program
Hunter Education Courses are mostly offered in Wyoming from January - September, with most classes in March, April, August and September. If you can't find a course in your area, check the webpage regularly and put your name on a notification list to receive a one-time email when a class becomes available in your area.
- hunting ethics and responsibility,
- firearm safety
- relevant Wyoming wildlife statutes and regulations,
- wildlife identification, game care and
- outdoor safety.
Upon successful completion of this course students will earn their hunter education certificate which is mandatory for any individual born on or after January 1, 1966 wanting to hunt with a firearm.
This certification option is recommended for:
- ages 10 and up
- individuals new to firearms
- hands-on learners